The video will be posted shortly…
Topics in This Week’s Episode (43:40)
- Today my guest is Sean Paxton, AKA “The Homebrew Chef”. Sean is a professional chef and expert in food-beer pairings and he has a large food-beer recipe site at HomebrewChef.com.
- We start with a discussion of the many new projects Sean has been working on.
- He spends a few minutes talking about hot sauce, mole and how hot sauce and hot foods pair with beer.
- We discuss another hot sauce “Yellow Thai Racer” and how it is different than the mole sauce. We also talk about food pairings.
- Sean shares some of his new projects including the upcoming “pepper festival”.
- We talk about a documentary he’s been working on
- Sean spends a few minutes talking about his beer-food recipe site at HomebrewChef.com
- We finish with a discussion on BBQ and pairing picnic foods.
- Thank you to our sponsor Craft Beer and Brewing Magazine for sponsoring this episode. I encourage you to subscribe to their great magazine!
- And also Anvil Brewing Equipment. Anvil is a new line of kettles, burners and accessories from John Blichmann at Blichmann Engineering. They make top quality brewing equipment built to last a lifetime.
- Also check out BeerSmith, BeerSmith Mobile software and the new DVDs John Palmer and I filmed – How to Brew with Malt Extract and How to Brew All Grain are available now. You can subscribe to the BeerSmith newsletter for free to get some great articles on home brewing.
Thanks to Robert Keifer for appearing on the show and also to you for listening!
enter iTunes Announcements: I launched a new video channel for the BeerSmith podcast on iTunes, so subscribe now! At the moment it will only feature the new widescreen episodes (#75 and up). Older episodes are available on my revamped Youtube channel. Also all of my audio episodes are on iTunes now – so grab the older episodes if you missed any.
Thoughts on the Podcast?
Leave me a comment below or visit our discussion forum to leave a comment in the podcast section there.
Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes or BeerSmith Radio
You can listen to all of my podcast episodes streaming live around the clock on our BeerSmith Radio online radio station! You can also subscribe to the audio or video using the iTunes links below, or the feed address
- Audio feed on iTunes – (direct: http://beersmith.com/content/feed/podcast)
- Video feed on iTunes – (direct: http://beersmith.com/tv/category/podcast/feed/ )
- Audio podcast on Google Play here
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (or use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.